What can crowdfunding campaigners learn from bootstrapping
Bootstrapping is when an entrepreneur starts a viable business with very limited capital.
Bootstrapping for crowdfunding
- Social media is generally free, so are blogging sites.
- Use Skype as much as possible.
- The media are always looking for content. Design a PR campaign – what’s unique about your venture, what’s the personal story, are the incentives/perks fun?
- Attend free events before and during the campaign to spread the word and bring people on board.
- Involve people who use your services, visit your centre or buy your products already
- Your friends and family and your wider social networks can be brought into the campaign at no cost. Their time is free (to you) and invaluable.
- If you can co-fund or list the in-kind resources brought to play as your campaign unfurls that helps.
Your gratitude and thanks are free.
BUT don’t forget your time is not free – in that crowdfunding takes you away from your job, other fundraising, your family and sleep.
Join me on an introduction to crowdfunding workshop
Middlesbrough 14 June 10.00 15.30
Workshop in partnership with Funding Information North East and Middlesbrough Voluntary Development Agency
Central Middlesbrough venue
Rochdale 26 June 09.30-13.00
Workshop in partnership with CVS Rochdale
Venue: CVS Rochdale, Partnership House, Sparrow Hill, Rochdale OL16 1QT
Crewe 3 July 10.00 – 15.30
Workshop in partnership with CVS Cheshire East
Venue:The Exercise Studio, Belong, Brookhouse Drive, Crewe